We're hiring intergalactic-class software engineering talent to revolutionize the way people use energy.
WE are building a massively scalable consumer system to re-invent how consumers use energy. We are passionate engineers engaged in the design and development of a product that is changing the world.
As a Staff Software Engineer, you’ll help lead technical direction for all customer facing applications and will also lead the way in transforming large portions of our stack to Serverless.
- Help establish the standards for the team in areas of technical excellence.
- Work collaboratively with Product Management and our UX designers to develop applications that can be easily tested and perform well under a variety of network conditions.
- Champion adherence to best-practice development methodologies.
- Design and code appropriate, scalable, and secure algorithms, data structures, and software components.
- Lead design and code reviews.
- Facilitate automated testing so all teams can innovate at a rapid pace.
- Mentor and build skills across the team through effective standards setting, code reviews, and pairing.
- Tune production applications to maximize efficiency.
- 8+ years experience designing and coding enterprise level applications
- Spring Boot / Spring Cloud / Spring 5 experience
- Maven/Gradle build experience
- Experience with REST API architecture and development especially using Swagger or Apigee.
- Strong knowledge of Git including version control, branching, merging/rebasing, and pull requests.
- Solid understanding of MVC architecture and frameworks.
- Strong focus on automation including Continuous Integration / Deployment especially using Groovy or Jenkins pipelines.
- Familiarity with distributed systems and federated authentication systems.
- Good security practices and experience writing code that manages customer data.
- Impeccable communication and team skills with shared ownership of code and other deliverables.
- Education : BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering or Math is preferred.
Bonus Technical Skills
- Algorithmic development, data structures and scientific computing
- Knowledge of Computational Geometry and Linear Algebra.
- Familiarity with Docker, Serverless architectures like AWS Lambda, and/or DynamoDB, ECS, EC2, S3, SQS, Kinesis, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, Athena, Aurora, RDS, SageMaker.
- Experience in machine learning (especially TensorFlow and XGBoost), deep learning, computer vision, and/or natural language processing.